Well Traveled, Creative and Whimsical

Suitcase and Heels
Today I was organizing my "bookmarks" and I rediscovered a few sites that I had saved because they were created by people that I know, or friends of / relatives of people that I know. I am in awe of how informative and professional these sites are! They inspire me and I would love to learn more about web design.

Suitcase and Heels 

Suitcase and Heels is a travel site created by Melissa Hogan (in the photo above). Her dad is a friend of ours. She loves traveling and everything to do with traveling and her sight has some great tips for those who are up for an adventure!

Two Stitch Knits


Two Stitch Knits
Two Stitch Knits is a site created by the niece of a friend of mine. While I have never met this young woman, I admire her creativity. She is relatively new to the art of knitting, but has embraced it enthusiastically. Her blog is full of great ideas and inspiration!


Sunshine and Whimsy

I love reading this blog! Sunshine and Whimsy is created by Amanda, the girlfriend of a guy, Tony, who is a FB friend of mine. He is a technician in the IT department at the school where I worked in Beijing. Amanda and Tony are engaged (she is Canadian, a Maritimer and he is Chinese) and she sometimes writes about the cultural differences that come up in their relationship. Also, as the title suggests, a common theme in her blog is living life in a positive upbeat way.

This week she posted a photo (below) that makes her happy. I can see why! It is a sure sign of spring in the "jing"! And it speaks to me as I see that the building in the background is the "middle - high" section of the school where I worked, which brings back fond memories.

I will definitely be checking out Amanda's blog as her wedding with Tony approaches. She has already made arrangements for her "bachelorette" weekend in Hong Kong!
Sunshine and Whimsy
                                     

Comments

Popular Posts