One Thing Leads to Another!



Well, we had our "Indian Gourmet" night...... a very delicious evening! While my friend Juliette and I had grand ideas of choreographing a "Bollywood" style dance with jangling waist scarves and all, we made do with some Bollywood music from Songza and a little fun with some henna tattoos. Below, one of our male guests gets tatted up ...... looks like he needed a beer to help with the pain!


I even found a humongous piece of sari-like material at Value Village for a table cloth and added a little elephant from Thailand and a prayer wheel from Nepal (close enough!) for decoration.


Good food, good friends and plenty of refreshments ensured that a good time was had by all. The next day, however, when I was gathering things up, I noticed the beautiful handwriting on some of these little place cards. (I provided the cards for everyone to put the name of their dish on.) These lovely hand written letters seemed to capture the exotic names of the dishes we were serving! I'm still trying to figure out who done it ....... Cinderella(s) where are you?


So, as I said, one thing leads to another. I am now inspired to learn more about creating cool handwriting (for an artistic person, mine is atrocious!). I've posted a tutorial below on this topic and I hope that I will be persistent enough to do the practice required. I doubt that "hand lettering" will become my new art form, I'd just like to be able to create something visually pleasing when required to sign a card, fill out a name tag or post a yard sale sign.

Hand Lettering for beginners - Hey Mimi DIY 

The best tip on this video is to pick a font from your computer (or what ever) then print it out and practice, practice, practice! .... I'm inspired!

Comments

Popular Posts