In Our Own Back Yards

I am very lucky to live in a community where there is easy access to walking trails (almost) in my own back yard! My favorite one literally winds its way through wooded areas concealed within populated subdivisions. Much of the trail, although bordering on many backyards, seems remarkably secluded.


The trail itself gives me a good one hour walk (30 minutes up, and 30 back), if I start at the beginning which originates at the QPlex (our local recreation center). Sometimes I drive to the "Q" and start there, and sometimes I walk from my house which adds 40 minutes on to my overall hike. I know I leave a "carbon footprint" by driving there, but I really prefer spending more time on the nature trails as opposed to walking on busy roads. There are other nice trails in the area that I can easily "hook" on to if I want to increase my walking time.


The fresh scent of the woods, sound of babbling brooks and lots of "flora and fauna" to look at makes for a very pleasant walking experience. When its windy and cold, the trail is sheltered and when its blistering hot the shade is great. Even in winter it does not disappoint! ..... oh and of course you are most definitely guaranteed a deer sighting on every trip!

















Comments

Popular Posts