Early Days of Christmas 2016

While it's "early days" yet, I am beginning to get my act together for Christmas 2016. I'm not one of those people who start shopping after Labour Day or have my tree up halfway through November. Nope ..... I start December first. Why be miserable for several months when you can only be miserable for one? I used to be known as the Grinch. Can you tell? (I've always loved the line from W.C. Fields - "Anyone who hates kids and dogs can't be all bad.") ..... I'm getting better though, in my old age.

So far the outside of our house is decorated and the inside has a few hints of Christmas here and there, ..... and I've started the Christmas baking!

This recipe called for brandy ....so, I thought, "one for the bowl and one for the cook"!


I have never been a fan of putting "things" on a fridge. I hate the cluttered look, especially since our refrigerator is the first thing you see when you enter our kitchen. However, as I was rifling through some old family photos, I decided that it might be fun to do a bit of reminiscing over the holidays when family and friends are here.


There are some great "oldies" here, including pics of folks who are no longer with us and it is nice to recall fond memories of them, especially at Christmas time.   ......... now, onward and forward to Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts