Happy Holidays!

back row: Joel, Ross, Lynn, Candice, Scott - front row: Alicia, Khloe, Courtney

Happy Holidays!


From my house to yours! I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am very grateful to be able to enjoy the company of my family and friends this holiday season.
...... and, I am grateful for the selfie stick that Candice (my daughter) got me last year for Christmas.
......and, I am grateful that I actually got everyone to put on the silly Christmas hats and gather for a pic without any complaining!

Top: Scott and Ross "cozy up" with a beer. Below: Joel & Alicia / Candice & Khloe check out the Christmas presents.

Sights and sounds of the City Market and Candice enjoying the sign at Picaroons!


The Same But Different

As the years goes go by our family celebrates pretty much in the same way, with the same traditions, the same foods etc. but each year is a little bit different. And so it should be. As time goes on our families grow, expand, change. I have grown and expanded just in the last two days!
This year we loved having our son and his wife Alicia with us on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, and enjoyed Christmas Eve at our son, Scott's place with his girl friend, Courtney and her family. This was the first Christmas Eve (aside from the two we spent overseas) that we have not hosted the celebration ..... it was the same for Courtney's mother and we both appreciated letting someone else take on the task!
On Christmas Eve day, we visited the Saint John City Market, a popular spot for locals to enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas. We poked around in a few of the interesting little shops downtown and then, of course, took a little time to have some Christmas Cheer at Picaroons micro brewery.

A Few Tidbits



Noticed these odd shaped bottles in a little antique shop downtown. I love the torpedo bottle!

We got this lovely card from Joel and Alicia (created by one of their friends) depicting a "Maritime Christmas Dinner". I love it! I could easily give up turkey for lobster!

Comments

Popular Posts